“Take his Welsh/Afrikaner roots, add a bit of Dylan, Cohen and Waites, soak in Miriam Makeba, Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens, Amaswazi Emvelo , add some Tony Bird, David Kramer, the Other Band, Bright Blue and Juluka, shake well, and you come up with a “Kaapse Mengsel”. Skollie a bit of this and a bit of that, and you have “Skollie Rock” – an African Melting Pot.
This best describes Bill Knight, a Singer-Songwriter, Recording Engineer, and Music Activist, and one of South Africa’s, and specifically Cape Town’s; National treasures.
Bill’s music incorporates the sound and rhythms of Cape Town, coupled with insightful and thought-provoking lyrics. Be sure to check out his Mp3 Song Samples.
See Details on Bill Knight’s exclusive Folk music venue and recording studio –The Cottage Club.
Bills personal page & to contact see Facebook
- Cottage Club what’s on. Sep 03 Sat: Jann Klose, Cameron Bruce Collective. Sep 11 Sun: Blacksmith. Sep 16 Fri: Digby & the Lullaby plus Special Guest. Sep 24 Sat: Les Javan. Oct 15 Sat: Caroline & Julie Blundell. Oct 22 Sat: Hatchetman. Nov 26 Sat: Dax Butler. Dec 03 Sat: Doc McLean. Dec 04 Sun: Guy Buttery Dec 10 Sat: Tony Cox Dec 17 Sat: Marcia Moon. Bookings: email@example.com 021 782 -0931
- Whats on at the Cottage Club Sep 03 Sat: Jann Klose, Cameron Bruce Collective. Sep 11 Sun: Blacksmith. Sep 16 Fri: Digby & the Lullaby plus Special Guest, Beccy Cole. Sep 24 Sat: Les Javan. Oct 15 Sat: Caroline & Julie Blundell. Oct 22 Sat: Hatchetman. Nov 26 Sat: Dax Butler. Dec 03 Sat: Doc McLean. Dec 04 Sun: Guy Buttery Dec 10 Sat: Tony Cox Dec 17 Sat: Marcia Moon. Bookings: ...
- Feb 28 Sun: “Fintry”: Caroline, Julie & Johnny Blundell) with Reini Adelbert Mar 04 Fri: “Deep South”: Dave Ledbetter & Ronan Skillen Mar 06 Sun: Jenny Eaves Mar 11 Fri: Robin Auld Mar 12 Sat: Laurie Levine Mar 13 Sun: Blacksmith Mar 18 Fri: “Jenny and the Jameses”: Jenny Eaves, James hall & James Harvey Mar 19 Sat: Marcia Moon & Albert ...
- Local young talent -May 31st (sun) Young Talent Evening:31 May (5pm) An evening celebrating the wealth of young and up-coming talent in the Capri Area, featuring Emma-Jean Beattie, Huw Charles, Kathryn Swain & Daniel Gadd. R50.
- Pete van Heerden and friends – 30 May May 30 Sat: Pete van Heerden is a Master of Finger-style guitar and a noted Musicologist. His music includes Instrumental Acoustic Guitar, Folk, Blues, Country and Ragtime. He is a stalwart of the SA Folk Scene, long associated with the Four Winds Folk Club and the Barleycorn Music Club. He will be joined by celebrated balladeers Keith Cattell and Jennifer Eaves. Bill Knight will ...