“Take his Welsh/Afrikaner roots, add a bit of Dylan, Cohen and Waites, soak in Miriam Makeba, Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens, Amaswazi Emvelo , add some Tony Bird, David Kramer, the Other Band, Bright Blue and Juluka, shake well, and you come up with a “Kaapse Mengsel”. Skollie a bit of this and a bit of that, and you have “Skollie Rock” – an African Melting Pot.
This best describes Bill Knight, a Singer-Songwriter, Recording Engineer, and Music Activist, and one of South Africa’s, and specifically Cape Town’s; National treasures.
Bill’s music incorporates the sound and rhythms of Cape Town, coupled with insightful and thought-provoking lyrics. Be sure to check out his Mp3 Song Samples.
See Details on Bill Knight’s exclusive Folk music venue and recording studio –The Cottage Club.
Bills personal page & to contact see Facebook
- Fantastic evening last night with Jenny & the Jameses. They were a Superb as ever. Thanks too, to an Appreciative Audience! Fantastic evening last night with Jenny & the Jameses. They were a Superb as ever. Thanks too, to an Appreciative Audience!
- Cottage Club what’s on. Mar 25 Sat: Lionel Bastos Apr 01 Sat: Jake Gunn & Piet Botha. Apr 22 Sat: TBA May 06 Sat: Faye & Wren. May 13 Sat: Hatchetman. May 20 Sat: Scarecrows in a Field. May 27. Jenny Chadwick & Peter Nordling June 10 Sat. Nicky Schrire & Ariella Caira. June 24 Sat: Robin Auld Dates to be confirmed: Doc MacLean, Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org 021 782 -0931
- Whats on at the Cottage Club Sep 03 Sat: Jann Klose, Cameron Bruce Collective. Sep 11 Sun: Blacksmith. Sep 16 Fri: Digby & the Lullaby plus Special Guest, Beccy Cole. Sep 24 Sat: Les Javan. Oct 15 Sat: Caroline & Julie Blundell. Oct 22 Sat: Hatchetman. Nov 26 Sat: Dax Butler. Dec 03 Sat: Doc McLean. Dec 04 Sun: Guy Buttery Dec 10 Sat: Tony Cox Dec 17 Sat: Marcia Moon. Bookings: ...
- Feb 28 Sun: “Fintry”: Caroline, Julie & Johnny Blundell) with Reini Adelbert Mar 04 Fri: “Deep South”: Dave Ledbetter & Ronan Skillen Mar 06 Sun: Jenny Eaves Mar 11 Fri: Robin Auld Mar 12 Sat: Laurie Levine Mar 13 Sun: Blacksmith Mar 18 Fri: “Jenny and the Jameses”: Jenny Eaves, James hall & James Harvey Mar 19 Sat: Marcia Moon & Albert ...
- Local young talent -May 31st (sun) Young Talent Evening:31 May (5pm) An evening celebrating the wealth of young and up-coming talent in the Capri Area, featuring Emma-Jean Beattie, Huw Charles, Kathryn Swain & Daniel Gadd. R50.